Scholarship Guidelines & Instructions
Impossible Possibilities provides financial assistance to students based on academic achievement, life experience, desire to succeed and individual need. Each recipient is awarded a $2,000 scholarship to defray tuition expenses for higher education.
Guidelines and Instructions:
1. Students must be enrolled as a senior at a high school in the Tarrant or Dallas counties.
2. Students must provide an acceptance letter into an accredited institution for higher learning and evidence of enrollment into a college or university before any funds can be appropriated. A paid receipt from a college or university may also be used.
3. Students must have a proven track record of academic achievement while continuing an eagerness to excel at the collegiate level.
4. Impossible Possibilities will send all funds directly to the students' college or university Financial Aid/Bursar's Office. Scholarship funds will be sent in two $1,000 installments: one in the fall semester and the second in the spring semester. Students must be enrolled as a full time student (12 classroom hours) and must meet a minimum 3.0 GPA to receive the second $1,000 installment.
4. Students receiving full-ride scholarships to their respective college or university are not eligible to receive a scholarship.
6. Absolutely no type of discrimination in regard to race, creed, nationality, religion, gender and/or sexual orientation will be tolerated by Impossible Possibilities. Any student that falls within the aforementioned guidelines may submit a scholarship application.
1. Students must submit a completed, typed application online (handwritten and/or incomplete applications will not be processed). Essay quality will help determine whether or not a student is invited back for the final interview process.
2. Students must submit a typed essay not to exceed 500 words based on an annual topic selected by the Board of Directors. The scholarship essay question for 2013-2014 is: Identify the "basics" you have utilized to arrive at this point in your life (2013 Marketing Campaign: Back to the Basics). Provide specific examples.
3. If selected as a finalist, students may submit up to two (2) letters of recommendation.
4. If selected as a finalist, students must provide copies of their official high school transcript for review.
5. Students must submit their initial applications and essays no later than December 31, 2013. Applications will not be accepted under any circumstances passed this date. Impossible Possibilities will notify each finalist no later than Friday, January 31, 2013, and will schedule final interviews on a Saturday in February (date is TBD). All finalists will be notified by Friday, March 28, 2014, whether or not a scholarship will be offered. All scholarship recipients are required to attend the organization's annual Scholarship Presentation in April (date and location TBD).
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2013-2014 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION